A guide may be available at McCord Community Store Mondays-Saturday from May to September but it is best to phone ahead. Small campground and picnic area is available.
The museum consists of 1928 CPR station furnished with railway artifacts, household objects and items from businesses of the area. There are small tools as well as some horse and cattle gear. Autographed quilts and a collection of books, photos, maps, and written material help to tell the stories of the many people that lived in the area in the past. Two original CPR privies are behind the station, but a modern washroom is open in the hall nearby for visitors.
1972 CPR caboose is sitting on the short track. It is fairly modern as it was among the last cabooses made.
Our second museum is the 1913 Church Museum is sitting at the opposite end of the Main Street (locally called the church on the hill). This was built by the Holiness Movement and was the centre of a Bible School in the 1930s and 40s. It became a Free Methodist Church in the 1950s. Later in 1978 the building became a museum with the artifacts from churches in the area – mainly Holiness Movement and United Church. When McCord School closed, a few school artifacts were moved to the porch of the church. There are several historic markers in the surrounding area to mark schools, NWMP trail, and early settlements of Milly and Summercove.
McCord is a quiet community between the east and the west blocks of the Grasslands National Park.